Sport massage can help prevent those continuous injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement, whether a person is an athlete or a once a week jogger.
Depending on the needs of the athlete, a variety of techniques are used. The technique often involves a blend of traditional Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage and Trigger Points Release specifically designed to treat athletes.
Each type of sport has different demands on the athletes. Each sport uses muscle groups in a different way. Sports massage is designed to address those specific concerns and may differ according to the sport the athlete plays. Sports massage can be aimed to help heal strained muscles and allow healthy ones to reach peak performance and maintain it while minimizing the risk of injury.
Benefits of Massage
- Improve circulation & lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Sports massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation:
Conditioning/training phase, Pre-competition, Inter competition, Post competition, Post travel, Injury prevention and Injury recovery